Friday, 6 December 2013

Colour Choices

Happy Friday, folks! This week I've been continuing the battle against busy market scenes, and progress is going well! Since I just finished the flat colours for a page, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to show what a page of The Firelight Isle looks without any lighting or effects. The colour palette is chosen to entirely avoid blue, which is a sacred colour in Azulian society, and only seen on certain buildings and people.


The following is a compilation of all the swatches I use, with the addition of "Azulian Blue". The swatches are repeated three times, without lighting in the centre, with the tones I use for shadows on the right, and with the tones I use for light on the left...


 Next week, I'll have finished the colours for this page, so I can compare the two stages and talk a little about how I add lighting effects.